My route will be guided by a few factors:
- Logic – I’m already concerned about the carbon footprint of a venture like this, I certainly don’t want to be zig-zagging.
- Budget - I’ll be driving a diesel which might at some stage be converted to using vegetable oil. But even with a conversion I’ll still need to cover fuel costs (you need to start/end each drive with diesel and I might not find veg oil as readily as I’m hoping).
- Events – I used to spend a lot of time around the international media arts circuit and there are even more events now. I’d like to try to hit as many festivals, conferences, labs & the like as possible.
- Coverage – I’d like to get to as many places and communities as possible. I recognise it’s pretty impossible to go everywhere, but a good smattering of urban/rural, experienced/novice, and a variety of cultural contexts will make the research much more interesting as a ‘digital culture snapshot’.
- Invitations – I’m entirely open to your suggested locations, whether for an event or otherwise.
When I’ve worked out what my activities look like I’ll post them in the agenda. I’ll also be location tagging via platforms like Foursquare (within safety limits) and asking different communities to shout out to their own local connections. You can sign up to me e-newsletter or just contact me directly.
Want to propose a specific location? Easy – just book through the Pozible shop.