Sometimes journalists and bloggers interview me or talk about this project (or some of the sub-projects going on around it) which is very nice of them. If you would like to do that, please contact me. You can download or link to CC-licensed images here.
I also write for myself and for others and sometimes people write about me outside of this project. I’m also an occasional guest on ABC Radio National’s Download This Show and Tech Tuesday and can often be found ranting at festivals and conferences.
Ending the year with the launch of a new project focusing on improving Aboriginal Rights, and the remarkably snappy and supportive RTRFM (independent radio station in Perth) contacted me to do a quick interview. Since this project is all about working in solidarity and trying hard to ‘walk with, not speak for’, I asked superstar Luke Pearson (the energy behind IndigenousX) to join us and share his wealth of experience around increasing Aboriginal visibility online. The archive is up here: http://rtrfm.com.au/shows/mag?an_page=2015-12-17 (our segment starts around 1h36mins).
Delightful article by @becbrewin for ABC Goldfields based on our chats as #homeJames passed through Kalgoorlie at the end of last year: The never ending road trip: what it’s like to live on a bus.
In the run up to OpenSourceHome (our little ‘story so far’ update event in Adelaide, July 22-24), we’re getting a few extra bits of media attention. Some are basically just the press release, but others have been following the journey independently so are investigating a bit deeper.
- No Plain Jane – OpenSourceHome: A response; Jane Howard (arts critic extraordinaire) reflects on her experiences of the event.
- The Advertiser – Tales of the city: the digital artist who went off-grid; Katie Spain interview about rbrt and OpenSourceHome (although strangely they edited my bus to look pink – which she is NOT!).
- Realtime – Opening dialogues, evolving spaces; Ben Brooker interviews Dario Vacirca about Open Space (my partners on OpenSourceHome), with a little mention about homeJames and our event.
- GlamAdelaide – Open Space presents opensourcehome by Fee Plumley.
- Lisa Gye did a writeup about the work we did at ISEA2013 in Sydney for Realtime – To re-map and reclaim
Thanks to the Nomadic Fab Lab we got a little bit of extra coverage on radio & local news.
- Northern Argus – “Clare Library staff like the look of the 3D printing system” (they don’t actually mention rbrt but you can see our postcards and @Sayraphim’s little knitted bus!).
- My first ever Boing Boing mention #squee! (thanks to @adelaidesean for throwing it out there and @artologica for spotting it!)
- An interview on Radio National’s Drive with Professor Drew Dawson and myself.
- Radio National Life Matters interview with Professor Drew Dawson, Thom Buchanan and myself (plus CQU’s post on the same recording).
- Just a mention in Sean William’s interview with Adelaide Now (including an awesome photo).
- Another little mention (and some concern, bless) from Sarah’s “Science for Life” blog.
- A nod from RealTime.
- Aaaand another teensy one in Bookonaut.
Oh and I was on the telly! Good Game (the ABC show about video games) did a feature on crowdfunding (recorded during Freeplay Independent Games Festival last year) which I have a few segments in – cool, huh?! What was really funny is that I was out at Adelaide Fringe at the time. My pocket going off with notifications from friends & strangers was hysterical, thanks guys :)
- Delightful post by Ms Tizard on Sew and Sews Too (including an offer of a quilt for the bus).
- A lovely chat with Michael Cathcart for Radio National’s coverage of the Regional Arts Australia conference, Kumuwuki.
- Suzie Keene from InDaily interviewed me about the Regional Arts Australia conference, Kumuwuki – Demystifying ‘geek’ art.
- Fee Plumley’s bus isn’t a fish – the delightfully inverted “Antiview’ by Max Opray.
- Anna Maguire from Crowdfundit interviewed me about the Pozible campaign.
- Michael Cathcart and Julianne Pierce – Radio National’s DART, What’s hot in digital arts.
- Guest presenter for Download this Show.
- The Australian – Tweet puts Techno-Priscilla on bus. [paywall]
- Radio interviews – Canberra666, Regional NSW, RTRFM, 2ser.
- Little mention in Crikey. [paywall]
- Blog post by Sarah Jansen: Someone’s got to do the stuff the government and big business can’t.
- Lee Theodoros (aka @gdaybklyn) – “Fee Plumley on a Quest to make reallybigroadtrip Pozible“.